My Blog

This blog was create to post my reflections to questions that I have to answers weekly. I will post links to all of my projects created for IT 645.



Sunday, April 11, 2010

Week 12 Movie and Group

Cora’s Movie

Using Windows Movie Maker was very interesting for me. Like every other assignment I was stressed up starting the assignment, but it turned out to be fun. I like creating the movie. While creating the movie, I had a lot of trial and error. The only part that I found difficult was the narrating the movie. I had to redo the part about ten times to get what I want. I tried to add to the wrong saved file. I had to recreate the narration part.

I think that using Windows Movie Maker could be useful in a classroom setting. You could upload the movies onto your website for the parents of the students to see after a large project. As a teacher, I could get the students involved to create a movie for the parents on special occasions. You could integrate technology into any subject with this program. The students could use Windows Movie Maker to create presentations for class. It is very hard to get in front of a group of people. This program could be used to get the students used to talking in front of a group. The student would be more comfortable talking to a computer than talking to a group of his or her peers. But the student would still know that he or she would have to show the movie to them. Another benefit is that when you create a picture movie, you do not have to be in front of the screen. You have to just worry about talking correctly.

ListServ

The ListServ was the easiest assignment this semester. I was amazed that a group could be so easily. I would rather create a group than rather a website. A teacher could create a group and invite all the parents and students in the class. I would post all the homework assignments and study guides. I could post discussions for the students. The parents would receive an email with the homework assignments in them. The parents would have to wonder what his or her child had to do for homework because he or she would receive an email listing all the information daily or weekly. Listserv is an effective tool for teachers. I believe that using technology is the best way to go for teachers. Education will one day be mainly technology based. Teacher should keep up to dated with the advances in technology.

Sorry that I am late this week. My computer was having malfunctions.

3 comments:

  1. I loved your movie. It was great. Did you all have Roman-inspired food at the party? That was an excellent idea. It would be great for children to do things like that on a regular basis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That narration part is hard! I agree with you - movie making would really get the students involved!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cora,

    I am glad that you found these two projects are useful in class. I do agree with you that "Like every other assignment I was stressed up starting the assignment, but it turned out to be fun. ... While creating the movie, I had a lot of trial and error. " This is what I expected most students experienced. The purpose is to gain the experience and learn the skill. I am glad that I achieve the goal

    ReplyDelete